Andoria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andoria

All Andoria based information in one place, how lovely ^,.., ^

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Server and Minecraft 1.3, Must read

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FePython
Admin
Admin
FePython

Server and Minecraft 1.3, Must read Empty
PostSubject: Server and Minecraft 1.3, Must read   Server and Minecraft 1.3, Must read EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:15 am

So as you all know 1.3 came out today and if you been with the server for some time you also should know by now how we handle updates. We are going to keep the server at 1.2.5 until the fallowing has been met:

• Bukkit is up to date with 1.3 (the main program we use for the plugins)
  • The main plugins we use are updated to run on the new version of bukkit
  • Remove any plugins that do not update or are no longer being updated and replace with plugins that work the same way (we had to do this with a lot of plugins when 1.2 came out)

Once those are met we are going to test the server and the new plugins in a separate server this way if there is any errors (like what happened in 1.2) they will not be created in the main server we all play in. After all the large bugs are fixed we will then update the server to 1.3

FAQ:
Why do we do this?
We update the server after all this is fixed for the simple reason were in no rush to brake the server, create deadly bugs that will destroy your plots, take your money and eliminate are worlds. Simply put if we update early the server will have problems that may never be fixed we would rather wait until after bukkit and all the plugs we use (so you know we have over 50 of them running on the server to keep it working) have updated and are working bug free (or as close to it as we can)

When will the server be updated????????!?!?!?1?!?!
Don't ask i don't know the GM's don't know and if you bug us with asking pointless questions like that when we get on the server or message me about it on my youtube channel or here your likely to get on my bad side very quickly and i have no problems banning you until the updates are finished.

When are the shops going to be up!!!??

I don't know how this has anything to do with 1.3 but the shops are having a lot of problems right now there is a bug going on with it and me and the plugin developer are trying to fix it at the moment, so right now i have no idea when the server will have the shops up we plan to have them fixed before we update to 1.3 if we can else it will be the next thing we have running after 1.3 is on the server. For now though i plan to put up temporary shops for Iron, Gold and Diamonds in Baldric town square this will be up in a few days after this post and may already be up by the time you read this. these will be removed after the normal shops are working again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/andoriaMC
SgtMaj_Powell
Commoner
Commoner
SgtMaj_Powell

PostSubject: Re: Server and Minecraft 1.3, Must read   Server and Minecraft 1.3, Must read EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:30 am

Why did I update!!!!???? Impatience is BAD!
Back to top Go down
Apparentthreat
Commoner
Commoner
Apparentthreat

PostSubject: Re: Server and Minecraft 1.3, Must read   Server and Minecraft 1.3, Must read EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:36 am

SgtMaj_Powell wrote:

You could always download Spoutcraft, which I don't think has updated to 1.3.1 yet. That's what I was using when I updated my regular Minecraft. There are some weird things about it, but if you want to get on Andoria it's the next best thing to having to mess with any files.

http://www.spout.org/

[Edit] I recently went back to regular Minecraft 1.2.5 because something with current Spout is bugged and causes me to get kicked :/

Last edited by Apparentthreat on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SgtMaj_Powell
Commoner
Commoner
SgtMaj_Powell

PostSubject: Re: Server and Minecraft 1.3, Must read   Server and Minecraft 1.3, Must read EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:47 pm

Apparentthreat wrote:
SgtMaj_Powell wrote:

You could always download Spoutcraft, which I don't think has updated to 1.3.1 yet. That's what I was using when I updated my regular Minecraft. There are some weird things about it, but if you want to get on Andoria it's the next best thing to having to mess with any files.

Well, I don't really want to get mods till 1.4 comes out with it's Mod API, but if Spout comes with a mod installer made by bukkit (no-one else!) Then I may consider it.
Back to top Go down
FePython
Admin
Admin
FePython

PostSubject: Re: Server and Minecraft 1.3, Must read   Server and Minecraft 1.3, Must read EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:40 pm

SgtMaj_Powell wrote:
Apparentthreat wrote:
SgtMaj_Powell wrote:

Well, I don't really want to get mods till 1.4 comes out with it's Mod API, but if Spout comes with a mod installer made by bukkit (no-one else!) Then I may consider it.

Spout was a mod using bukkit tell it decided bukkit was crap and went its own way and became much better
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/andoriaMC
SgtMaj_Powell
Commoner
Commoner
SgtMaj_Powell

PostSubject: Re: Server and Minecraft 1.3, Must read   Server and Minecraft 1.3, Must read EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 3:00 am

FePython wrote:
SgtMaj_Powell wrote:
Apparentthreat wrote:
SgtMaj_Powell wrote:

Spout was a mod using bukkit tell it decided bukkit was crap and went its own way and became much better
Windows 7 has got a restore to previous versions thing which I used to get back to 1.2.5.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server and Minecraft 1.3, Must read   Server and Minecraft 1.3, Must read Empty

Back to top Go down

Server and Minecraft 1.3, Must read
Page 1 of 1